VISION of Special Children Special People:
‘Equipped Special Needs People For Full Community Integration’
MISSION of Special Children Special People:
To champion inclusive education, nurturing, rehabilitation and capacity building of special needs people, particularly special needs children, through a participatory approach that involves persons with disabilities, their parents or guardians, the community and the society leadership to achieve better inclusion of special needs persons into their communities.
- Love and care.
- Accountability and transparency.
- Self respect and respect for others.
- Integrity and God fearing
OBJECTIVES of SPECIAL CHILDREN SPECIAL PEOPLE
- To equip special needs people through capacity building in self-help and empowerment skills.
- To empower special needs people through vocational skills for self sustenance and income generation.
- To provide early intervention therapies for special needs children.
- To extend welfare support to special needs people.
- To provide communities with knowledge on the needs and potential of persons with disabilities.
- To build tolerance, understanding and support of special needs people.
- To provide counseling and guidance to special needs children, their parents, families and the community.
- To promote home and community based therapy and rehabilitation interventions
- To provide suitable education services for children with disabilities like sign language.
- To provide daycare and nursery services to children for integration of special needs children.
- To promote recreation, games and sports for therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures.
Provide information to the community in order to enhance the understanding of disability to reduce on stigma and rejection.