This is important in reduction of neglect, combating stigma and abuse having it been realized that many young pwd’s have challenges to adopt into formal education due to many factors like low level of perception, low self-esteem, low egos, psychological torture among others.
SCSP in its agenda seeks to advance the well-being, competence and integration of persons with disabilities into communities with a focus on self-independence to children with special needs and empowerment to their families. SCSP currently operates in Kampala and Mpigi districts.
‘Equipped Special Needs People For Full Community Integration’
The mission of Special Children Special People is to champion inclusive education, nurturing, rehabilitation and capacity building of special needs people, particularly special needs children, through a participatory approach that involves persons with disabilities, their parents or guardians, the community and the society leadership to achieve better inclusion of special needs persons into their communities.
- Love and care.
- Accountability and transparency.
- Self respect and respect for others.
- Integrity and God fearing
- To equip special needs people through capacity building in self-help and empowerment skills.
- To empower special needs people through vocational skills for self sustenance and income generation.
- To provide early intervention therapies for special needs children.
- To extend welfare support to special needs people.
- To provide communities with knowledge on the needs and potential of persons with disabilities.
- To build tolerance, understanding and support of special needs people.
- To provide counseling and guidance to special needs children, their parents, families and the community.
- To promote home and community based therapy and rehabilitation interventions
- To provide suitable education services for children with disabilities like sign language.
- To provide daycare and nursery services to children for integration of special needs children.
- To promote recreation, games and sports for therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures.
Provide information to the community in order to enhance the understanding of disability to reduce on stigma and rejection.