We are a grass-root community based organization registered in 2013 (Reg. no. MAK/14/221) with the aim rehabilitating, advocating for and empower people with disabilities with a focus on children to prepare them for inclusive education.
This is important in reduction of neglect, combating stigma and abuse having it been realized that many young PWDs have challenges to adopt into formal education due to many factors like low level of perception, low self-esteem, low egos, psychological torture among others.
SCSP in its agenda seeks to advance the well-being, competence and integration of persons with disabilities into communities with a focus on self-independence to children with special needs and empowerment to their families. SCSP currently operates in Kampala and Mpigi districts.
The mission of Special Children Special People is to champion inclusive education, nurturing, rehabilitation and capacity building of special needs people, particularly special needs children, through a participatory approach that involves persons with disabilities, their parents or guardians, the community and the society leadership to achieve better inclusion of special needs persons into their communities.
- To educate children towards self-independence through assessments, early intervention, inclusive education and rehabilitation.
- To offer welfare support to children and families affected by disability, HIV and poverty.
- To advocate for legislation, policies and educate communities on the potential of persons with disabilities while promoting a positive attitude.
- To promote home and community based locally made rehabilitation intervention therapy tools while conserving the environment.
- To economically empower and build capacities of families affected by disability, HIV and poverty.
- Love and care.
- Accountability and transparency.
- Self respect and respect for others.
- Integrity and God fearing
‘Equipped Special Needs People For Full Community Integration’